Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pancake Thursday



I could tell you I have pancakes every Thursday...but truth be told, I have pancakes everyday. I am totally addicted. 

There is this little place in our down town that has, by far, THE best pancakes I have ever tasted. These things are the size of your head and sooo delicious. One time when I was there with my sister we both ordered pancakes and the waiter goes, "Do you want the half order?" I laughed and replied, "What you think I'm on a diet? I can't eat the full order?" he was so embarrassed, but I knew he only said that because a full order is huge. Poor guy.

This morning I woke up and hit the gym! Today was leg day and I hit it hard. I started with cardio and then lifted heavy! I even stuck in an extra squat exercise. I love squats and have been doing a lot of them! They are good for just about your whole body! I've been doing them for my butt! (or lack of one) ;]Although I lovveee pancakes, I want to have less of a pancake butt. Hopefully I will see some progress by the time I go to Punta Cana in March.
Leg Press

I just started lifting so I can't lift super heavy but I'm working on it! Most girls are scared to lift because they think they are going to get bulky. Ladies, lifting is what gets you toned, you will not get bulky. Our bodies and hormones are much different than males and we are not going to look like a female godzilla by lifting weights.



Since I cranked it out in the gym early this morning, I came home after class starving! I am always so hungry on leg days and eat everything! I have been trying to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry. I keep reading that in order to gain muscle you have to eat more and properly. Since I started lifting I have to eat a lot more. I want to grow so I am trying to fuel my body properly. Abs (and butts) are made in the kitchen!

Today I whipped up my favorite pancake recipe ever! I created it the other day and fell head over heels for these little cakes. They are really high protein, fat, and have a good amount of complex carbs so they make a really good post work out meal!

Oh did I forget to mention they have peanut butter in them? Silly me...

                                        
mmm moist and delicious
(of course I had to use my snoopy fork)


Peanut butter Protein Pancakes:
Serves One..or two if you like sharing.
8-10 mini pancakes

Keep in mind, these are not your normal fluffy pancakes, they are really dense but taste just as amazing!

Wet ingredients
4 egg whites
2 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used PB & Co's white chocolate wonderful it is my favorite flavor)

Dry
1/4 cup almond meal (You can use PB2 for a lighter option but almond meal makes them really tender)
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (do not use whole wheat flour it will make pancakes taste funny)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt (makes everything better)
1/4 teaspoon 100% pure cocoa powder (adds richness, doesn't make them chocolaty)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I used more)
2 packets of truvia or other natural sweetener (I like em super sweet!)

1. melt the peanut butter (30 seconds) then add pumpkin and vanilla and mix with       electric mixer. Then add the egg whites and mix until blended.

2. Sift all the dry ingredients together.

3. Add dry to wet and mix with an electric mixer.

Add water to your desired thickness. I like these pancakes a little thinner so I add 1/4 cup of strongly brewed coffee. I use the coffee because it adds depth.


 Cook on low. I like mine doughy so I 
undercooked them slightly






No comments:

Post a Comment