Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sundays Best

First of all let me just say that I am terrible with grammar and spelling. I probably failed all of my spelling tests in elementary school. That being said, please excuse all of my grammatical errors.

I absolutely love Sundays. It is the only day of the week I do not have to go to school or work.

     The other day I went out to eat at a new Asian place with my sister and mom before a bridal appointment (for my sister) and it was amazing. This place is huge and has Chinese, Japanese, and Thai food. My sister and I love sushi so we decided to bother order a roll with our main entree. I choose the rainbow roll with avocado, and "krab", on the inside then salmon, whitefish, and shrimp on the outside. It was really good but I took out the "krab" because it tasted rubbery to me and I prefer the taste of crab more. She had the mexican roll with had avocado, tuna, spicy mayo, and tempura flakes. 


   For our entrees I ordered the Bibimbap, my sister ordered Pad Thai Noodles, and my mom never tries anything new so she ordered almond chicken. OMG if you have never had Bibimbap you are missing out my friend. It was totally different from what I was expecting. I am super picky about what I order at restaurants and usually get a salad because everything is so calorie laden. I was glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something new because it is now my new favorite!


Thats my sista!

     They bring you this huge hot, and I mean HOT,  stone bowl with spinach, fried egg, carrot, zucchini, shitake mushrooms, and bean sprouts, all over a bed of steamed rice. It also came with this incredible spicy chili sauce that I would probably compare to sriracha.

     Let me tell you this was by far one of the best meals. Every bite was different and it stayed extremely hot until the very end. I am a super slow eater so it was perfect. My favorite was the rice on the bottom that got all crunchy because the bowl was so hot. I ate the whole bowl and was sad when it was over!

     After we were done I tracked down the cute young Korean owner and told him how amazing the place was and how much I loved my food. He told me it was his mothers recipe and his favorite too.

     I was so inspired by my meal that I tried recreating it today! I didn't do it exactly but it was still super good. I wish I would have had a hot stone bowl.

     Everytime I make brown rice it always comes out hard and nasty so last night I searched the web for THE perfect method for making brown rice. I came across this website and decided to give their method a try. I followed their directions which required soaking it over night. Then this morning before I went to the gym I put it in my rice cooker so it would be ready when I came back. It came out perfect! I made a super big batch so I'll have it for the week. I always prep my food for the week because between school and work, who has time for that?

     Anywayyy, This is what I used in my bibimbap:

  • steamed spinach
  • three cut up mushrooms sauteed in liquid aminos (soy sauce sub)
  • shredded zucchini, cabbage, and carrot sautéed with about a teaspoon each of fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some garlic chili paste. (I made a huge batch for the week)
  • Two fried eggs, extra runny.
I layered this all over about one cup of brown rice and of course, sriracha!
Oh soo good.


     It was leg and ab day today so I also made myself a huge batch of protein pancakes. I am always suppper hungry on leg days. I really pushed myself today and probably overtrained but I am still trying to figure out a happy medium. 

This is what I did:
I always start with an hour on the elliptcal. I know that is excessive but right now I am trying to get over cardio addiction. Small steps.

Squats          10lb    15 x 3
Dead lifts       5lb    15 x 3
(The bar for my squats and dead lifts is 45 lbs)
Leg extension 40lb   15 x 3
Leg press       140lb 15 x 3
Prone leg curl 50lb 8 x 1 , 30lb 12 x 1, 35lb 12 x 1
Glute Isolator 50 lb 12 x 3 each leg
Lunges 20 lb weights in each hand 12 x 3 each leg
Calf raises 30 lb kettle ball in each hand 30 x 1 then 60 x 2, and then 6o without weights in first and second position (the dancer in me)
Then I do this 10 minute brazilian butt lift workout and move on to abs

I do a circuit of:
30 side bends (16 lb medicine ball)
30 twists (16 lb medicine ball)
30 ab rollers

three times

Then I added another ab circuit:
15 backwards crunches
15 leg lifts

three times

Finally done and feeling the burn. This all took about two and a half hours. Way to long.

I always start with an hour on the elliptcal. I know that is excessive but right now I am trying to get over cardio addiction. Small steps.

Now I am getting ready for dinner and bed. A long week ahead of me. Cannot wait to see what it brings!


Love always,
Little Miss Lo =*




No comments:

Post a Comment